Want to upskill your team?
Want to have a more strategic relationship with your clients?
Working towards promotion?
Plotting a move from Account Handling to a more strategic role?
I’ve trained people working in agencies as part of my role as an Account Planner / Strategist for most of my 20-year career and in 2019 I was a Visiting Lecturer on Leeds Arts University’s Creative Advertising degree course so you can be assured that I know what I’m doing!
Sessions are always focused on learning outcomes that can be used in client work and usually include suggestions for further reading and self-study.
– Introduction to Strategic Thinking
– Creative Brief Writing (can be tailored for any level of brief writing experience, ideally 2 sessions)
– Introduction to Brand Positioning, Strategy and Messaging
– A strategic approach to objectives and evaluation
– Making the case for clients to invest in Brand-led comms
– Motivational Theory for Brand Communications
– Thinking scrappy – finding insight with limited time and budget
– Brainstorming tools and techniques
– Getting more from calls, Zooms and meetings using market research interview tips, tricks and techniques
If there’s another topic you’d like me to cover or you’re an individual looking for more general career advice, please get in touch.
Training sessions usually last 60 minutes and topics can be covered in single or multiple sessions, depending on how much depth you want to go into. In my experience, remote training works best in one-to-one sessions so that’s what I’m offering here.
Feedback from LAU Creative Advertising Course Leader – “I’ve had students already telling me how useful your intervention was. Thank you!”
Advertising agency training feedback:
Group Account Director – “Everyone has found it interesting, engaging and useful”
Strategy Director – “They really enjoyed the session and got a lot out of it”
The practical stuff:
- Training is delivered by video call on Zoom, WhatsApp, Google Hangouts or Skype and evening sessions are available if required
- For individual bookings a summary sheet will be provided after each training session covering key points made, however only agencies who book four or more people in for individual sessions on one topic will be provided with the full slide deck as a PDF
- Charges start from £40 per participant per hour, plus a setup fee if the material needs to be tailored to your agency’s ways of working or the topic needs tweaking to suit participant’s roles
- UK agencies can pay by BACS on terms of 30 days from invoice date
- If you’re self-funding you can pay by Paypal, or if you prefer to pay by credit card you can book training with me via Superprof