I seem to have spent a fair chunk of the last four years engaged in indirect battles with the marketing directors of the European parent companies of some of my UK clients. On the off-chance that any of that illustrious group are reading this, you are (indirectly) paying my agency a lot of money based on our understanding of your UK customers, so please bear in mind that:
- British commercial TV is not the spawn of the devil
- The UK cut off age for participation in social networking activity is not 25
- What may be hilarious to a Spaniard, does not always go down the same way in Southport
- Although simply translating the German campaign into English may save you a lot of money, it will probably be rubbish and not work
- Sometimes we like working in beta – try something on a small scale, see if it works, if it doesn’t, try something different. It’s a cunning time and money saving plan. It’s just a bit difficult to put on a spreadsheet to email to you.
- We are not trying to waste your money. If it goes wrong, we look bad too.
- You might be the brand owner – but your customers have ownership of the brand. What works for them, will ultimately work for your bottom line.
- Trust me, I’m a Ad(wo)Man.