1. It is NEVER OK to be bullied in the workplace
2. Going to the pub after work is not compulsory
3. Manage and protect your workload to allow time for the inevitable crisis that will need dealing with
4. Learn how to tell which battles are worth fighting
5. If you don’t like certain changes, hang in there for a couple of months and they’ll probably change again for the better
6. But if you wake up on Monday mornings feeling sick, tearful or hoping it’s snowed too much to go into work, you need to find another job
7. The more confident you sound, the more clients and colleagues will believe you
8. Work is not a fashion show. But clothes send out signals. Open your wardrobe and ask yourself ‘who do I need to be today?’
9. The more interesting things you do and people you meet outside work, the more valuable your insight is. Overtime does not equal a better planner.
10. At the end of the day, it’s only marketing. No-one died.
3 thoughts on “10 things I wish I’d been told when I started agency life”
Excellent list. Sadly I learnt many of those the hard way.
Absolutely. Though for me going to the pub is strongly linked with 5,6 and 9.
The last one is fantastic