- World of Warcraft is roughly the same size as the Death Star
- There are 28 billion UK coins in circulation, worth £3 ½ billion
- Boring audiobooks don’t help you get to sleep. They have to be a bit thrilling – although its OK if the writing is terrible
- ‘dongle’ and ‘waggle’ are funny words
- Rhopography is the study of the overlooked and everyday
- Hiraeth is a Welsh word that sort of means the sense of knowing you’re always in a place
- horses are scared of rustling crisp packets because an unevolved part of their brain tells them that the rustling sounds like a lion about to attack them
Speaking at Interesting has to rank in my Top Ten Scariest Moments, but I’m really glad I did it.
My pics from Interesting are here and the Interesting2008 flickr pool is here
5 thoughts on “Interesting things from Interesting2008”
Hey well done for speaking, at least you were early on in the day. Look forward to seeing some audio /video like last time. Was it as good as last year?
I really enjoyed your talk Gemma. Nice to be on early, get it over with and enjoy the rest of the day, wasn’t it?
I missed half of Roo’s talk as I was dealing with powerpoint/microphone issues, but handily, he’s uploaded it here http://rooreynolds.com/2008/06/22/lego-is-full-of-win-my-interesting-2008-talk/ and you should really have a look as its fab
Yeah well done, great talk and overall a fab day.