10 places for Planners to try when Inspiration fails
1) Lexical Freenet – a thesaurus that finds connections between two words
2) Virtual Theasuarus – makes lovely mindmaps from single words
3) Google AdWords keyword search – find out what related stuff people are searching for
4) Google Trends – access hot topics and hot searches
5) MisEntropy Plannersphere Search Engine – fnd out what other Planners are writing about your brand/topic/problem
7) You could also try the Account Planning Group’s old minimags Sharp Stick (especially June 2004 issue, P.13 with all the charts you’ll ever need)
8) Compfight – inspiring flickr images from keywords
9) APFind – like Digg for Planners
10) (UK only probably) your local Central Library’s business/information centre. Free mintel reports! News databases! Helpful librarian desk research experts!
Got any other good ones to recommend?